mcmalcolm

mcmalcolm is a collection of writings by me malcolm Hill

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

mens fashion

MEN’S FASHION
I aspire to be a man in a suit
With a plastic bag
By the roadside at dusk

This is how a man should be
This winter
Traffic flying past
On its way home
to the family evening meal

Like my grandfather
A resemblance to Henry Lawson
Down by Circular Quay
A man in a suit on a roadside at dusk


Cranky
Determined
impulsive
Mad
Talks to himself.

He says,
Leave me out in the paddock and let me go off m’ head
But they forced him into a car going to Melbourne
He was clamped in and electrically shocked

He stepped out of the moving car
And took off
Wandering the streets
A man in a suit with a plastic bag
By the roadside at dusk


Malcolm Hill 1996

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home